There are many petitions that are relevant to the national inquiry. In chronological order:
1. To the UK PARLIAMENT: Children Placed in Foster Care
- submitted by John Hemming MP and published by Hansard – submitted after the 10-day demo outside Downing Street in 2013.
2. To the EU PARLIAMENT: Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent – with over 3,800 signatures
- presented to the EU Petitions Committee by myself in March 2013 – on behalf of the Association of McKenzie Friends
- collecting signatures online – currently over 3,800.
3. To the PRIME MINISTER and HOME SECRETARY: Establish a National Inquiry into Organised Child Sexual Abuse
- initiated by Tom Watson MP – one of the Magnificent Seven MPs who requested the National Inquiry – currently over 100,000 signatures.
- Call to appoint Barrister Michael Mansfield QC to lead a National Inquiry into Organised Child Abuse – currently over 1,200 signatures
4. On the governmental e-petitions site, relating to ‘royal commission and child abuse‘:
Based on Brian’s chronology of events since 2006, here are
- an appeal to the Home Affairs Committee
- links to appeals to supportive and non-supportive MPs
- Tom Watson MP’s request to establish a national inquiry into organised child sexual abuse.